5.06.2006

Reuse, Recycle, Recraft!

Wouldn't it be great if there were resale craft stores? You know, somewhere where you could buy or sell old or used craft items? Vintage patterns, books, scrapbooking pages, sewing machines, fabric, yarn balls, knitting needles, quilt squares, that bag of king-sized batting you only used half of, that half-finished cross-stitch kit . . . I think that would be the mecca of crafterdom, I do. Ebay is great for that sort of thing, of course, but a LOCAL store you could walk into and unload your stuff just like that would be convenient. It would certainly help me to let go of some of that "but I might use it sometime" stuff that piles up on me, knowing that it would find a good home with someone who would treat it right. Besides, shipping costs can kill even the greatest of deals on Ebay, and it would be super-cool to be able to look through everyone else's crafty stuff all condensed into one place. And at "Goodwill" prices! Fifty cents for a pile of fabric scraps, a dollar for that leftover batting. . .Yummy!

Kimono's almost done! Updates as soon as I can get my *insert choice word here* camera to take a decent picture. . .

Till next time,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had that over here! It would free up a lot of space in my apartment, big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab idea for a shop - move to Northumberland UK and open one and I will be your first customer!(and drop in daily) the kimono sounds awesome!
    be happy!

    ReplyDelete