11.02.2007

Holey Socks!

(Or, Here's Something You Don't See Everyday, Part Deux. . .)

Now, I know as knitters, we can all appreciate a good pair of socks. But selling your used socks on eBay for $11.25?


Ew!

Or perhaps you'd be more interested in paying $14.99 for a pair of used pantyhose?


Shexy.

I think someone needs to lay off the marijuana; either that, or she's been seriously misled as to the purpose and uses of eBay.

Hey, does anyone have a good suggestion as to a book of sock patterns? It has to have been published in the last 2 years. . .


Till next time,
Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been stopping by your blog occasionally for a while, but today I felt I needed to stop lurking and chime in!

    First,I didn't know until recently that there are people who will happily buy these socks and other items, and that the reason it says it is a private listing is to protect all the sock fetishists from having their identities revealed. It took me quite a while to catch on to all of this!

    Second, have you ever taken a look at The Sensational Knitted Socks books by Charlene Schurch? They are some of my favorites. I'm also hearing good things about Cat Bordhi's new book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was going to say what Heather says. There are people who are interested in all sorts of used women's clothing. It being used is what makes it so desirable. *shiver*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blech! that is just so wrong for so many reasons!

    ReplyDelete